School-to-Business Partnerships and Pipelines
Providing framework for best practices in youth workforce development.
When schools and businesses collaborate on career-focused programming and youth workforce development, everyone benefits.
- Why partnerships and pipelines are imperative.
Access to career and post-secondary educational opportunities for our students helps them to:
Businesses and Labor benefit:
- make the connection between academic preparedness and business success
- learn new skill sets that will serve them in the working world
- gain a network of positive, caring adults invested in their progress, who raise their expectations, motivate them, and help them chart a path to their futures
Business and Labor partnerships with schools can pay strong dividends by:
- shaping a diversified, well-prepared 21st century workforce
- strengthening the pool of qualified career candidates
- What is a school-to-business partnership?
There are many ways that schools and businesses can work together, from mentoring to one-on-one tutoring to training programs and internships.
- What is an industry pipeline?
A natural extension of internships, industry pipelines are youth workforce programs designed to meet the needs of a high-growth industry or employer. Pipelines put students to work in the in the career field of their choice, providing first-hand workplace experience, career preparation and training, and job opportunities upon successful completion of the program.